Wednesday 3 March 2010

Cloudy with a chance of braaaaains?

Another film I bought whilst working on this project was the film "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs". This film greatly inspired me when I was developing concept art for this, and I'll explain why in a sec. First, take a look at this clip:


Check out that lab Flint and Sam are in. I just love the style of which they have used in making it. Everything looks so curved and slick and cartoony. And again we have the contrasting colours - blue and orange. I noticed it a lot in the first scene inside the lab. The film makers use these complimentary colours a lot to create a dramatic look in the scenes. Like I have said previously, I have tried to create a nice contrast of purple and yellow in our brain environment.

I also love how Flint operates his machinery. He undertakes the most mundane tasks (ie plugging sockets, pressing buttons and turning on switches) with such exhileration and passion. That was something that I wanted to transfer into my button bash animation. I hope this shows in the final cut of the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment