Thursday 25 February 2010

Sound stuff

Since one of my jobs is sound, I decided that it would be a good idea to have a look into sound sfx for our movie.

I did a little list of things that needed sfx in our clip. Here is a picture of it:


The main things we need sounds for are above. We need machinery noises to make it feel as if this brain is a hive of activity. Beeps, whirrs, dings... anything that suggests the presence of mechanics and industry. Main moom takes a few bites of an apple. We need to ensure that he makes the right noise to make people believe that he is eating. The mini mooms use taps and buckets. Appropriate sounds will be required for those. And there will be a lot of water noises too.

-----

In order to get these sounds, I came to the conclusion that the easiest way to get them would be to use the college's bank of existing sfx. I rented the sfx hard drive and have had a good old search through it. I found almost everything I was looking for. I even found some unusual ambient noises and amusement arcade background noise which will help liven the mood. I couldn't find a yawn though. That shouldnt be too hard for us to film ourselves i think.

I just need to show the group my discoveries, so we can pick and choose which ones will be most appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment